||Click here for brochures from Canaries specialists
- The only short-haul destination for guaranteed winter warmth
- A wide variety of islands and landscapes from lush green valleys, snow capped Mount Teide in Tenerife to the renowned ‘moonscape’ of Lanzarote
- Accommodation choice is wide and hotels are generally of a good standard.
- Plenty of things to get out and about and explore – geysers, mountains, national parks, beaches, camels….
- Beautiful beaches on Fuerteventura and Lanzarote – the former a windsurfer’s paradise
- Good sized towns or ‘developments’ with plenty of shops, restaurants, cafes and medical facilities
- Most resorts have good sporting and leisure facilities and are ideal for stays throughout the year
Things to think about:
- The major islands (Tenerife, Gran Canaria, Lanzarote) are very developed in parts, so choose carefully. Playa Blanca in Lanzarote is a good choice, as is Costa Adeje and the area around Guia de Isora in Tenerife
- the weather is generally around 22°C during the winter months, but most of the islands have a ‘sunnier side’ especially Tenerife (The North/northwest sees more cloud).
- sea is Atlantic and not as warm as the Med
Climate: warm winters, around 22C, with very hot dry summers, around 32C for most of July, August, September
Best times to visit: Feb – June, Sept – Nov
Travel times: Around a 4 hour flight from UK
Time difference: GMT+1hr