||Click here for brochures from Malaysia specialists
- Penang boasts fantastic beaches, while there's also plenty to satisfy culture vultures: the main resort area is close to the historic city of Georgetown with its stilt houses, night markets and colonial architecture.
- Plenty of children's activities available at most resorts (from age 3 and upwards).
- Very young children and toddlers love "critturs" and Borneo will press all their buttons with its fantastic nature reserves, home to everything including Orang Utans.
- Borneo provides an excellent opportunity to combine a relaxing beach holiday with a jungle adventure.
- Excellent watersports and other activities, including golf.
Things to think about:
- Long flight and hot transfers.
- Water on Penang beaches is, due to climate conditions, not always the blue, blue crystal clear sea it appears in the photos. Grey murky waters can oocur, so if this would spoil your trip, our advice is to ring the hotel direct and take the name of the person who describes the conditions for you!
- Off the beach, many "sights" are centred around temples, most of which have a lot of steps. Take a sling or backpack/hippy chick if your toddler will get really bored.
Vaccinations: Hep A/Typhoid/Tetanus/Polio/TB (for children only)/Malaria (some parts of the country).
Sun sense: Dehydration is a serious problem for babies and young children. Ensure your child remains in the shade and avoid sightseeing during the hottest periods of the day.
Flight time: 15 hours
Time difference: GMT+8 hrs
Tourist office: 020-7930 7932
Web site: http://tourism.gov.my