||Click here for brochures from Sardinian specialists
- It's one of the most beautiful islands in the Mediterranean, with green, rolling hills inland and stunning, unspoilt beaches with fine white sand and incredibly blue water.
- It's not a mass market destination and retains a very low-key, chic and stylish atmosphere. Very clean, excellent facilities, good roads.
- There's a wide variety of scenery on each coast – from tiny rugged coves, to great stretches of dune backed beach – all with intensely blue and crystal clean water
- Wide variety of accommodation from back to nature residences, to lovely villas on chic complexes, villas an departments, traditional and some of the top luxury hotels and resorts in Europe.
- Some larger towns with plenty to see and do such as Cagliari and Alghero
- Very interesting prehistoric sites all over - nuraghe
- Just a short flight from the UK – just over 2hrs.
Things to think about:
It's quite a large island, so pick your area carefully as two centre stays can involve a lengthy drive
Very much a superb beach destination, so if you're really keen on large towns with lots of sights to see, it might not be your ideal location
It's very popular with Italians in August when it does get very busy, so if you can avoid that month it's a good idea. If not, book early!
Flight time: just over 2 hrs from GB