||Click here for brochures from Ski specialists
There are lots of reasons why a ski holiday with your under-five(s) is a great choice for a winter break, whether you’re an experienced skier or a complete novice.
- Skiing is traditionally a family sport, and most operators make some childcare provision, leaving you free to enjoy the skiing or the mountain scenery.
- Children old enough to do so benefit from early ski activities, and pick up the whole tricky business
- All children love the mountains and snow, tobogganing. What's more it's great fun to introduce them to it.
- Chalets and hotels are generally well equipped for families and offer many home comforts such as TV, VCRs, games, music.
- There is often access to indoor spa or leisure centres for those who don’t ski or who fancy something different.
- Shops and restaurants are usually within easy walking distance of your accommodation, and unless you plump for self catering, you’ll have your breakfast and evening meal prepared for you.
- There are few winter activities as pleasant as cosy evenings spent sharing delicious meals and wine, warmed by the fire, with the snow softly falling outside, after a day’s exhilarating exercise (possibly even in the sun). It’s a great way to enjoy a shorthaul winter break that will give you some sun, plenty of exercise and which has excellent and well tested childcare solutions and provides the ideal opportunity to spend long, cosy, relaxing days with as many of your friends as you can muster.
Babygoes2 has a lot more information on skiing with children and holiday recommendations on its ski pages.